Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Everyday Writer

In chapter seven of the Everyday Writer I learned that by creating an organizational plan or outline can really help when trying to put together one's ideas.   Before this I had always just gone right ahead and tried to write out my whole paper.  This usually left it fairly unorganized and often times I would find myself getting off topic.  I think that by making myself an outline or organizational plan I will  have a much better sense of what to include in my written analysis paper.  Due to the complexity of my story I was writing on I was having a hard time narrowing down my thesis, but with a clear plan I think it will become much easier to do.  Overall I think that there are quite a few areas where I still need improvement as a writer, but after reading this I feel that I have a much better grasp on the planning and drafting part of an essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment