Thursday, April 7, 2011

Photo Project: On The Run

I have always felt most at home as I ran throughout the beaten paths around my home in Monticello, Minnesota.  Being a devotional runner throughout my life I have always felt at my best running.  Whether I was sick or feeling down made no difference as everything seemed to magically go away as I began my daily run.   Some of the most remembered paths I took were with my cross country team traveling in search of new places.    Every weekend we would go on long runs discovering hidden parts of the town that very few people know exist.  My visual representation shows a glimpse at the routine places I visit on my travels.
I start my visuals with my most prized possessions, my shoes.  The dirt and smudges on them lay as scars from the intense wear of running along the off road terrain.  However, no run would be complete without the companionship of my dog Mickey.  The following seven images display scenery around my house.  This includes the scenic view of the lake from my front porch, my steep twisting driveway, the small hut where I would wait for the bus, and my winter parking space.  The next fourteen photographs showcase the local sledding hill, a fox running away, the rocky terrain along the Mississippi river, some typical climbing trees and a nearby playground.  These were some of the most common places that I ran around, however these are fairly well known places throughout the community.  It is the last six that depict the hidden wonder discovered on a particularly lengthy run.  Tucked away behind the water tower lies an abandoned radio station where the entire town can be seen.  Since very few knew of this hidden location, it had become a storage place for any treasures stumbled upon.  When I revisit these places I am reminded of the wonderful times I had running with my friends and the random adventures we would partake.
































No comments:

Post a Comment